Monday, June 13, 2016

Halfway Reflection



1. A major skill that I developed throughout this course was pushing myself outside of my comfort zone and being more comfortable with talking to people I don't know. The assignments that require interviews can be a nervewracking request at first, but I have just recently gotten used to them and don't find them as bizarre or scary anymore. I have accepted them and don't think twice (as much ha). I learned how to prepare interview questions and to gather information from people about my ideas and thoughts, and to get their feedback.

2. A time I felt like giving up was within the first two weeks of this semester. I was a new student to UF and I was having a hard time adjusting to strictly online, Canvas, etc. I felt like I had bit of more than I could chew with too many classes. My advisor helped pull me through this as well as the structure of this course. The way it is laid out on Canvas is very user-friendly and easy and clear to understand and navigate. I really appreciated that. I do feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months. I have pushed through several assignments that made me uncomfortable (see question 1 ha) and am better off because of it.

3. Three tips:

  1. Skills that support tenacity are just being organized and not waiting until the last minute! Keep a planner full of what assignments you need to do on which days in order to submit everything on time. That way, you will not get stressed out and overwhelmed from not knowing and you won't get bogged down. This really changed my experience for the better and helped me be more successful.
  2. What most helps me develop a tenacious mindset is simply imagining my future and my personal goals. 
  3. An in general tip I would like to share with other/future college students is to try to not spread yourself too thin. Make sure you are balancing your time between school, family, friends, yourself, exercise, hobbies, etc. It's important to work hard and get good grades but to also have fun and enjoy yourself as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela,

    I definitely see where you are coming from regarding being put in uncomfortable situations while interacting with strangers for some of the assignments. I agree that it is important for people to remember to stay rounded while still being dedicated to school and working hard. I also think that one of the best ways to develop a tenacious attitude is through thinking about your future and your goals in life. Here is my blog: http://jaredpape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete