1) I would like to keep my business, "Groceries To Go." I would like to continue to maintain and grow it and to pass it on to my future children and keep it in the family. It would be up to them someday whether they would want to cash it in or not once it has reached max success and profitability.
2) I have selected this exit strategy because I have worked hard for it! If I were to actually launch this service business and it was successful, I would want myself and my family and future children to reap the benefits. Plus, it would be a bummer to see someone else outside of the family managing it after I created it and worked so hard at it. I think the only time I would want my family to cash it in would be if they weren't enjoying it anymore or if it became so stressful that it became harmful.
3) I do think my exit strategy has influenced other decisions I've made throughout my venture concept. I have stated that I would largely focus on excellent customer service. If I had simply just planned to create the business and cash it in immediately, then I wouldn't have focused on this so largely. Customer service is a long term goal orientation that I am focusing on because I would want to pass the business down to family in the future.

Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your exit strategy! It would be nice to see a business being passed down to the family once the owner decides to retire. I agree that it would not be nice to see someone outside of the family have the business since one has worked so hard to construct the business. It is also nice to hear that you are focused on customer service as well! Here is the link to my post: http://yessiblogging.blogspot.com/2016/07/my-exit-strategy.html
Good morning Angela!
ReplyDeleteMy exit strategy is a lot like yours and I think that we think along the same lines. I think that it would be hard to sell something that we worked so hard to build. I would hope that my daughter would want to take over the family business, but in case she doesn't and I couldn't find someone with the same vision as me, then I would likely close the doors to my business.
Best of luck on your future endeavors!
Hey Angela,
ReplyDeleteIt's great to read your dedication to your venture concept! It shows that you really cared and worked hard for this vision you had. I believe that your idea has the potential of going the long haul and being able to be successful in the future. This is a service that is applicable to anywhere throughout the nation as long as people need the service. Stick through it and I'm sure you'll be able to pass it down to your next of kin. Good job! Check out my blog at http://jpmorgan15.blogspot.com/.
Regards,
Juan Parra